A Voice From The Streets...

I received an email today from one of my homeless friends. I have known him about 6 years... he is basically a vagabond travelling from place to place. He is about 27 years old and schizophrenic. I REALLY loved what he said today because he hasn't judged his situation... he sees God working in his life and is OK with his situation, no matter how difficult it is...
    "I have realized I belong on the streets sharing my experiences with others and showing them that if someone they see as "worthless" can bring them company and closer to the Lord they might see where people like me come from and might look towards the Lord as well if they don't already. But I have realized I am destined to be a bum and live a life of unhappy wealth financially and an unimaginable wealth spiritually"

Perhaps we should be embarrassed at how we, who "have more" than he does, are NOT satisfied with our situation that God has given us. We could have "unimaginable wealth spiritually" but we are too caught up with what we don't have.

This story is a PERFECT Example why I LOVE the homeless. They live day by day accepting the goodness that comes their way from God. We should learn from them!